Call for Intern
ICCL Human Rights Film Awards 2012: Call for Intern
We are seeking an intern to join our team for the 2012 AwardsThe ICCL Human Rights Film Awards is Ireland's first and only short film awards dedicated to human rights. We launched the project in 2009, aiming to bring together the best in filmmaking with the most passionate human rights advocates. The initiative has continued to grow over the past 2 years, and we aim to make the 2012 Awards an even bigger success.
Start Date: 1 May 2012 Duration of Internship: 2 Months (1 May - 30 June 2012)
Time Commitment: 2 days per week; some evening work Remuneration: Voluntary. Pre-approved out-of-pocket expenses, including travel costs, incurred during the internship will be reimbursed.
Who we are: The Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL) is Ireland's leading independent human rights watchdog, which monitors, educates and campaigns in order to secure full enjoyment of human rights for everyone. Founded in 1976 by Mary Robinson and others, the ICCL has played a leading role in some of the most successful human rights campaigns in Ireland, including: campaigns resulting in the establishment of an independent Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission, the legalisation of the right to divorce, more effective protection of children's rights, the decriminalisation of homosexuality and the introduction of enhanced equality legislation.
What we do:
- Advocate for positive changes in the area of human rights;
- Monitor Government policy and legislation to make sure that it complies with international standards;
- Conduct original research and publish reports on issues as diverse as equal rights for all families, the right to privacy, police reform and judicial accountability;
- Raise public and political awareness of human rights, justice and equality issues;
- Work closely with other key stakeholders in the human rights, justice and equality sectors.
The role involves:
- Helping the ICCL to promote the ICCL Human Rights Film Awards to a wide range of audiences, including: filmmakers and film students; corporate sponsors; supporters and members;
- Assisting the ICCL in carrying out the Human Rights in Under a Minute Challenge, the competition for secondary students;
- Providing administrative and communications support to the project team;
- Assisting the ICCL in developing relationships with leaders in the film industry and the arts;
- Assisting with planning the ICCL's high-profile Gala Screening and Awards Ceremony, to take place in summer 2012:
- Providing event-related administrative and logistical support
- Assisting the ICCL with publicity running up to the Gala event, including: photo calls, online promotion and social networking; identifying new ways of highlighting the project
- A background in event management/ P.R./marketing/ communications would be ideal
- A keen interest in human rights/ equality issues and/or in film
- Availability for 2 days per week from 1 May - 30 June 2012
ICCL Human Rights Film Awards 9-13 Blackhall Place Dublin 7 Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put 'Film Awards Internship Application' in subject line). Deadline for Applications: Monday, 16 April 2012
Irish Council for Civil Liberties, 9-13 Blackhall Place, Dublin 7. Ph: 01 799 4504 Email: email@example.com